Established in May 2018, The Centre for Disaster Management Studies, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College has a sole vision of becoming the epitome of excellence in Disaster Management through synchronization between like minded institutions.
The aims of the centre are diverse and ensures an allround check on various dimensions of Disaster Management studies. From Creating awareness to providing skill training and workshops the Centre has a set Aim for coming years.
Categorically, the Centre aims to :...
- Create awareness about disasters as well as the measures to prevent the loss of life and property. The key to reducing loss of life, personal injuries, and damage from natural disasters is widespread public awareness and education. People must be made aware of what natural hazards they are likely to face in their own communities. The Centre through its various programmes aims to address this issue.
- Diminish the impact of disasters through integrative learning and education. In today’s world full of technological advancement, acquiring knowledge and its application in the realm of action is regarded as the only effective way to prevent disasters or reducing its effects.
- Conduct training and workshops on innovative technologies, scientific structures and methodologies based on Disaster Management. Disaster management training is meant to build the competencies of disaster relief workers and volunteers in improving the preparedness and response time in all levels before and after disasters.
- Impart skill training to students on a regular basis for strengthening disaster preparedness. Future generations are the potential catalysts of change to build resilience in their communities. As a result, it becomes integral to empower them to explore and learn these essential life skills. Introducing this in the curriculum will also inculcate compassion, accountability, and empathy towards the affected and vulnerable communities.
- Train students and participants to enable them to save lives during disasters. Immediate response to a disaster accompanied with caution and proper knowledge may prove crucial and save lives and other damages. Training is thus an important aspect of disaster risk management.